About Combat Hapkido
Combat Hapkido is a modern, dynamic self-defense system that offers all the benefits of a classical martial art but without the rituals, rigidity, obsolete techniques and unsafe exercises. Combat Hapkido was developed by Grandmaster John Pellegrini. Combat Hapkido differs from other Hapkido styles philosophically as well as technically.
- Combat Hapkido is 100% Self Defense. There are no forms (Kata/Hyungs).
- All Combat Hapkido kicks are directed to the lower part of the body.
- Combat Hapkido does not teach “acrobatic” kicks.
- Combat Hapkido employs breakfalls and throws in a very limited manner.
- Combat Hapkido has no hard blocks or stances.
- Combat Hapkido does not teach “Traditional” weapons like joot-do (bamboo sword) or fan. We teach cane, belt and other Self Defense tools.
- Combat Hapkido teaches special firearms disarming techniques.
- Combat Hapkido contains a complete Ground Grappling program.
- Combat Hapkido, because it is flexible, dynamic and eclectic, continues to evolve.
- Combat Hapkido is not a sport and cannot be modified nor regulated to be one. There are no competitions, tournaments or championship.